Run for the Ridge - Location Change
RUN FOR THE RIDGE UPDATE: The state DNR officials have put an end to vehicle traffic on the new bridge that connects the Fort Ridgely State Park horse campground to the overflow parking area. Without that extra space, we simply can't expect enough riders to come in order to cover costs. September 21-22, 2018 Friday and Saturday. (Stay till Sunday and relax!!)
WE HAVE A NEW LOCATION:
Spring Creek Motocross Park
298th Avenue, Millville, MN.
This park is 6 miles west of Zumbro Bottoms. I apologize to those riders who are from SW Minnesota, but we tried very hard to find a venue closer to us; there just isn't anything big enough.
1) No, there won't be any motocross bikes there that weekend.
2) CAMPING will cost the same as State Park sites. No reservations, but the camping area is HUGE: 55
electric sites with water spigots, and almost unlimited primitive camping.
a) NO reservation fees, no vehicle permit fees, no trail pass fees.
b) You will need to bring your own horse-containment, or tie to your trailer. there are no hitching rails or hi-ties.
c) There will be water available for the primitive camping sites.
d) Bathrooms on the grounds. One outdoor shower (very visible - bring your bathing suit!), and one indoor shower.
e) If you plan to ride the 75 or the 100, let me know. I will be blocking off a few of the sites closer to the vet area for those riders.
3) TRAILS. Wooded, Hilly, with some flat riding. Not huge climbs, but numerous smaller hills. 2-track trails that are grass or dirt. A few rocks, but nothing as rocky as Zumbro. We will cross a couple of gravel roads, and the vet area is dirt with some gravel, so if you're wondering about shoes, I'd suggest fronts at least. If your horse has really hard feet and is conditioned barefoot, you might be able to get by without shoes. There are several places for crew to meet you.
4) The MILEAGES and the DATE will stay the same. We will be working hard to make this very do-able for everybody. Example: Saturday afternoon's LD will be a 12.5-mile loop on the flat with a couple easy little creek crossings. You'll do that same loop (in the dark) and we'll put out glow-sticks. That will be the same loop that the 100-milers do for their last loop.
5) There is an indoor building for registration and potluck.
6) This should be a SUPER FUN ride!!
7) A big big THANK YOU to Jodi Johannessen and her hubby for setting this up. Wylie knows the trails like the back of his hand, and will be getting them ready for us...a huge undertaking. I'll have more pictures as the trails get cleared.
**If you have reservations for RFTR here at Fort Ridgely, call the state park and ask them for a refund. Call instead of doing it online, and you should be able to also get the reservation fee back. 507-426-7840.
2018 Intro to Distance Riding Clinic
Saturday, April 7 at 10
AM - 4 PM (cancelled due to snow)
Saturday, May 12 at 10 AM - 4 PM
The Pasillas’s arena
9928 Rich Valley Blvd.,
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
The clinic will be at an indoor arena that is not heated. Dress appropriately and bring a lawn chair. A meal is included with the registration fees.
Register online by clicking the options below or print the registration form to send along with your payment. Send checks, made out to Peggy Pasillas, to 9928 Rich Valley Blvd, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077. Checks will be held until the day of the clinic.
We will have guest speaker, Sarah Schick, present at our clinic. Here’s some info about her:
• Sarah currently has 2900 competition endurance miles and 275 Limited
Distance miles; over 2000 of those with her current horse, Legalas
• She has six 100 mile completions, included multiple Old Dominions, Biltmore, and Tevis in 2016
• She placed third at the 2015 100 mile National Championships on Old Dominion trail
• She and Legs are one of the top-ranked US horse and rider combos in FEI
• They are currently qualified for USA team selection for the 2019 World Endurance Games
• She has helped run several seminars and managed Endurance 101 clinics
SAVE THE DATE:
Mock Ride is scheduled June 10th at Lake Elmo Park Reserve